December 22, 2012

New Year --> New Layout

2013 is just around the corner. Well around 10 days (depending how you count it) to be exact. I decided that with this new year I want to get a little bit more involved with the crafting community. In order to do so I thought the blog needed a bit of a facelift to reflect the title and make it more memorable.

I'm currently no computer wiz or photoshop genius so I used iWeb, which I already had on my computer. I started by creating a design in my head first. You are simply wasting time if you don't even have a vision of what you want. I chose theme colours to carry throughout my blog. Once in iWeb I manipulated simple shapes to create this overall background. Once completed:


I saved it as a jpg, which allowed me to upload it as a background in blogger. If you are efficient with html and css that I am certain there are better ways to do this but for bloggers who want a simple solution this worked out great for me. Let me know what you think and any suggestions for change you may have. I have a couple ideas for the blog in mind for the new year! I will let you know as it gets closer...

3 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely! Can't wait to see more of your wonderful projects in the coming year!

    xo jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm inspired by your amazing photoshoping

      Delete
    2. Awww you're simply too nice!

      Delete