A couple weeks ago I won a challenge for my Rainbows After the Showers card and received two digi stamps from Sassy Studio Designs. I used one of the digi stamps to make a sassy card for one of my good girl friends. Its her birthday coming up and I wanted a card to reflect how fun and vibrant she is. The image is "Martini Pin-up Sassy" from Sassy Studio Designs. The accent paper is from Creative Memories and the ribbons I got from Michaels. The inspiration for the colours in this card from a picture from the Sparkle N' Sprinkle Challenge blog. The hammock and bright colours reminded me of an old trip to Ecuador.
I must say I had to colour this image twice. The first time I tried putting "highlights" in the girls hair and it just looked AWFUL. I only have a 12 basic colours pack of Copic markers so the highlights just looked too dark. I love how all the warm colours came together though.
- blonde hair = Y13 Lemon Yellow
- red dress/heels/olive centre = R08 Vermilion
- dress accent/earrings = YR04 Chrome Orange
- olive picks = E09 Burnt Sienna
- olives = YG03 Yellow Green
Question: What Copic markers would you recommend, based on the ones I have, to blend? What Copic markers are your essentials?
- deconstructing jen - Deconstructing Sketch No.100
- Sparkle N Sprinkle - SNSSC19 (see colour swatch above)
- The Stamp Spot - simply feminine
- Mad for Markers - One for the Girls